Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Maybe God Has Other Plans

So today, has been a really long day. It is only 1:15 too. I had my whole day scheduled and now the schedule is not right and it is hectic. I hate it when that happens. But maybe, just maybe, I need to stop planning. Maybe I just need to ask God what he needs me to do today, not what I think I need to do today.

That is a problem of mine. I try to control every tiny aspect of my life and when it goes awry, I have a hard time getting back on track. There is always things to do, homework to finish, people to see, and places to go. I schedule my days down to the minute. And if there are minutes to spare, I and in more activities so that the whole day will be full. But when have I ever considered what God wants me to do? I feel like I just totally block his will for me out of the picture when things get busy.

So now I pray:

"God, grant me peace. Show me that it is OK to be silent and just be. It is OK to remember you and reflect on your power in silence. Show me what your will for me is and help me follow through with it. You are mighty and more awesome than I know."

In Christ and In Love,

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment