Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Making Time...Ultimate Peace

It has been quite a while since I have posted, and for that I apologize. Not just to you, but also to myself. I have had many thoughts like, "Oh, I have a lot of things on my mind that I want to blog about--things that could touch people and that I NEED to share!" But Satan grabbed a hold of my heart saying "That isn't important. You don't have TIME for that. You can do it later." And so, I didn't. I did not share what I had felt compelled to share for almost two months not because I just forgot, but because I listened to the voice of the Evil One, and not to the voice of God, the Everlasting Father. So again, I apologize.

And then this thought plagued me this morning-- Why do I never make TIME for what is ultimately important? Why do I fill my life with so much and forget, or dare say refuse, to do what is ultimately important? I say that I want God to be the center of my life, but I push my time with him to the smallest part of my day, and sometimes out of my day completely! I fill my time with so many activities, am always planning ahead, and doing what the world says is great! Why then do I feel so empty, lost, and stressed?  Having God in my life should be a 24/7 lifestyle, no matter what else I have going on. I can talk to him anywhere! Why do I worry about EVERYTHING, when, if I have God, I should worry about NOTHING?!  And then I ran across this prayer from St Francis de Sales:


"Do not look forward to what may happen
tomorrow; the same everlasting Father who cares
for you today will take care of you tomorrow and
every day. Either He will shield you from suffering,
or He will give you unfailing strength to bear it.
Be at peace, then. Put aside all anxious thoughts and
imaginations, and say continually: "The Lord is my
strength and my shield. My heart has trusted in Him
and I am helped. He is not only with me but in me,
and I in Him."
St. Francis de Sales

When I found this and had soaked it in, I just felt a sense of relief, like the weight of the world had just been lifted off my shoulders. I don't need to worry about today, tomorrow, or anything! I just need to live my life for the One who saves us, and be like him, and everything else will be ok!

I hope that today, you can also find peace in Christ Jesus our Lord and remember that He is the One who will guide you through each day if you will let him!

In Christ and In Love,

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment