Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Breath Prayers

My wonderful fiance and I were having a conversation tonight about many things relating to our spiritual lives. One of the things he brought up that pressed on my heart was the concept of breath prayers. All it is is a simple phrase that you think to the rhythm of your breath for example : Breathing in, think "Be still and know", then breathing out, think "that I am God." Do this over and over until for as long as you like. I found this concept so profound. Many people, including myself, find prayer as a very difficult task because they have a hard time finding the right words to say. This concept of a breath prayer shows that one simple phrase, prayed with all the feeling you have, can be so uplifting to the spirit. So I encourage you to find a scripture or phrase that is on your heart and pray it, over and over. God is an awesome God and it is so amazing that we have this avenue of prayer to connect with him,

"Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner."

In Christ and in Love,

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment